Golf Course Labourer
About the Opportunity
Lithgow City Council is looking for a qualified, motivated and energetic Golf Course Labourer to join their team in Lithgow, NSW.
This position is responsible for the maintenance and repairs to Council Golf Course according to work instructions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include -
Maintain Council Golf Course and Greens
- Maintain Golf Course
- Inspect recreation lawn areas for foreign debris and remove any debris.
- Assess lawn requirements
- Utilise sprinkler system/hoses and fixed sprinklers
- Liaise with Supervisor where required to acquire necessary materials/equipment
- Apply fertiliser/seeding/top dressing where necessary
- Ensure lawns/edges are maintained in accordance to public’s expectation and Council’s image.
- Perform coring of greens as required
- Move flags as required.
Maintain/Operate Plant & Equipment
- Maintain Plant & Equipment
- Operate Plant Equipment
Provide Equipment/Materials for Special Events
- Organise Equipment/Materials for Special Events
- Liaise with relevant personnel for date, venue and time of events.
Treat/ Chainsaw/ Lop Trees
- Treat Injury to Bark and Wood
- Lop Trees
- Operate Chainsaw trim and cross cut
- Operate Chainsaw Tree Fell.
Establish New Beds
Applicants will need to possess a Class C Drivers Licence and meet the essential criteria.
For further information on the core duties and responsibilities refer to the attached position description, Click Here.
About the Benefits
If you are looking for a change of lifestyle, a new adventure, or to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
In return for your hard work and dedication, Lithgow City Council is offering a weekly salary from $847.28 - $915.91
You will also enjoy an enviable work/life balance working with a rostered day off every 2nd week!
In addition, you'll enjoy working within a friendly and supportive environment where your hard work will genuinely be appreciated.
If you're looking to join a dedicated team committed to making a real difference - APPLY NOW!
Applications close at 4pm on Thursday 23 August 2018
*To be considered for this position you MUST address the Criteria. Applications that do not address the criteria will be automatically ineligible.*
*Council Employees who contact/canvass elected Councillors regarding vacant roles will automatically be disqualified from eligibility for those vacant roles.*
About the Organisation and Area
Lithgow is located on the western edge of the majestic Blue Mountains, and is a Sydney metro satellite. Lithgow offers a truly unique lifestyle and is at the start of an exciting transitional period to harmonise its urban, industrial, and rural qualities that are unmatched.
Lithgow is a city looking to the future to pursue its vision of sustainable economic development and community harmony.
Lithgow City Council is a member of WSROC.