Building & Development Officer
Lithgow City Council has an exciting opportunity for a Building & Development Officer to join their team in Lithgow, NSW.
Reporting to the Team Leader - Building, the Building and Development Officer is responsible for the processing of all certificates and other applications allocated to the position. This position is one of four professional specialist positions operating within an approvals team. You will be responsible for determining priorities on building and development matters assigned to you and make independent assessment, under the guidance of the Team Leader Building and the Development Manager.
- To be considered for this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying
- Eligibility for accreditation by the Building Professionals Board
- Experience in the Development Assessment/Building Certification process
- Sound knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Local Government Act 1993, the Building Code of Australia, State Environment Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008 and other associated legislation including the Swimming Pools Act.
- Ability to meet deadlines and have good time management skills
- Good or oral and written communication skills
- Current Class C NSW Drivers License
For specific roles and responsibilities that you will be undertaking see the attached position description, Click Here
About the Benefits
If you are looking for a change of lifestyle, a new adventure, or to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
In return for your hard work and dedication, Lithgow City Council is offering an attractive remuneration package from $1,463.60 - $1,626.54 per week (negotiable for an exceptional candidate). 9.5% Superannuation and generous Council training policy.
A leaseback vehicle will be available with this position in accordance with Councils leaseback policy.
You will also enjoy an enviable work/life balance working with a rostered day off every 3rd week!
In addition, you'll enjoy working within a friendly and supportive environment where your hard work will genuinely be appreciated.
If you're looking to join a dedicated team committed to making a real difference - APPLY NOW!
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 31 August 2018
*To be considered for this position you MUST address the Criteria. Applications that do not address the criteria will be automatically ineligible.*
*Council Employees who contact/canvass elected Councillors regarding vacant roles will automatically be disqualified from eligibility for those vacant roles.*
About the Organisation and Area
Lithgow is located in a valley on the western edge of the Blue Mountains surrounded by native bushland. A Short 2 1/2 hour drive to Sydney's CBD, just over 1 hour west of Penrith and a quick 40 minutes from Bathurst.
Lithgow City Council is a progressive organisation and the position offers work/ life balance in a relaxed country lifestyle.