Team Leader - Customer Service
Lithgow City Council is looking for an experienced and energetic person to join their team as the new Team Leader - Customer Service.
Reporting to the Chief Financial and Information Officer, the position is responsible for:
- Promoting the image of Council as professional, efficient, courteous and caring and to act as the initial point of contact in welcoming customers, responding to enquiries and complaints and in gathering and providing relevant information.
- Providing leadership to the customer service team and ensuring the provision of quality customer service to internal and external customers is delivered through the co-ordination of the activities of staff in the Customer Service Unit.
- Ensuring the effective working relationship with other departments within Council.
As part of your role you will also:
- Provide and ensure quality front-line customer service functions as part of the Customer Service Team. This includes telephone, counter duties, cash receipting and a range of clerical duties.
- Oversee the day to day staffing of the Customer Service team and monitor individual Staff and team performance in responding to and providing follow through of enquiries, complaints, and requests of a diverse range of customers.
- Build effective relationships with Managers, Customer Service Officers and Staff in other departments to enable Staff to access appropriate information or make referrals, where appropriate.
- Facilitate Staff to work cooperatively and flexibly as team members through the development of fair work rosters and consistent work practices that ensure that there is adequate coverage of services at all appropriate times and particularly during peak periods of demand.
- Supervise and prepare draft replies and correspondence and ensure processing of all paperwork including day rosters each week, time sheets, variations to staffing, general mail and filing is complete.
- Allocate team workflow.
This role requires that the successful applicant hold a current C Class Drivers Licence.
For position description and selection criteria, Click Here
About the Benefits
If you are looking for a change of lifestyle, a new adventure, or to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
In return for your hard work and dedication, Lithgow City Council is offering a Salary Range between $1,339.50- $1,486.89/week.
You will also enjoy an enviable work/life balance working with a rostered day off every 3rd week!
In addition, you'll enjoy working within a friendly and supportive environment where your hard work will genuinely be appreciated.
If you're looking to join a dedicated team committed to making a real difference - APPLY NOW!
Applications close at 4pm on Thursday 23 August 2018.
*To be considered for this position you MUST address the Criteria. Applications that do not address the criteria will be automatically ineligible.*
*Council Employees who contact/canvass elected Councillors regarding vacant roles will automatically be disqualified from eligibility for those vacant roles.*
About the Organisation and Area
Lithgow City Council is located on the western edge of the Blue Mountains, a short 2 ½ -hour drive from Sydney’s CBD, 1 hour from Penrith and 40 minutes from Bathurst.
Lithgow offers a truly unique lifestyle and is at the start of an exciting transitional period looking to harmonise its urban, industrial and rural qualities which are unmatched in the Central West. Lithgow is truly a city looking to the future and embracing the challenges and opportunities it faces in order to pursue its vision of sustainable economic development and community harmony.